Mumbai’s Crawford Market : Location & Attractions
Mumbai’s Crawford Market: The Crawford Market building, an important historical landmark in Mumbai, is recognise as an exceptional example of Victorian Gothic architecture in India.
Mahatma Jyoti Phule Mandai is the new name of the wholesale and retail market Crawford Market in Mumbai. It has Arthur Crawford’s name, who held the position of Bombay Municipal Commissioner from 1864 until 1884. The market sells a wide variety of commodities, including fresh produce, meat, poultry, fish, and household items.
Both tourists and locals like going here. The building serves as a major historical landmark for Mumbai and serves as an excellent example of Indian Victorian Gothic architecture.
Are you looking 2BHK flat for rent Kharghar?
The Crawford Market’s architecture
The building is noted for its Gothic-style towers, stained glass windows, and exquisite stone carvings. The main entrance is located on the south side of the building and is designated by a substantial archway.
Smaller rooms and stalls branch off on either side of a central passageway that spans the length of the building, creating a rectangular shape within.
The building is composed of stone and brick with a slate roof and stone embellishments. The Crawford Market building, an important historical landmark in Mumbai, is recognise as an exceptional example of Victorian Gothic architecture in India.
Products sold at the Crawford Market
Mumbai’s Crawford Market is a wholesale and retail marketplace. It is renowned for offering a range of products, such as: Mumbai’s Crawford Market
- Fruits and vegetables
- Livestock and meat
- Condiments and spices
- Coffee and tea
- Items that are dried, such as grains and pulses
- Household products, including cookware and cleaning products
- Products for personal care, such as soap and cosmetics
- Wearables and accessories
- Gifts and toys
- Books and office supplies
- Antiques and fine art
This is only a summary of some of the products that Crawford Market often has for sale. The market is well known for its broad selection of commodities, and further goods could be put up for sale.
How to reach Crawford Market
By public transportation: Local taxis, trains, and buses make it easy to get to Crawford Market from the heart of Mumbai. The market is not distant from the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, an important transit hub in the city.
By car: If you’re driving to Crawford Market, there are plenty of parking lots where you may leave your car. Be warned that there might be heavy traffic in this part of the city, especially during rush hour.
On foot: Crawford Market is conveniently located for walkers to access from a number of nearby residential neighbourhoods.
No matter how you want to attend the market, it is a good idea to plan your route and allow plenty of time to get there.
Famous restaurants near Crawford Market
Some famous restaurants near Crawford Market in Mumbai include: Mumbai’s Crawford Market
- Mughlai restaurant Bademiya
- The Bohri Kitchen
- Kala Ghoda Café
- The Sassy Spoon
- The Table
- The Bombay Canteen
- Café Moshe’s
- The Bombay Sweet Shop
Crawford Market’s opening and closing times
Crawford Market is typically open from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM seven days a week.
Please be advise that the market time may fluctuate base on the particular type of commodities supplied. For example, the fresh produce section of the market can open early in the morning to give vendors time to set up their stalls and shoppers time to receive the freshest items. Additionally, there’s a chance that the market may be busier at certain times, such early in the morning or late in the day when more people are out shopping.
The Crawford Market’s events
Both residents and tourists like going to Crawford Market in Mumbai, India. The following activities may be done while you’re in the market: Mumbai’s Crawford Market
- Shop for supplies such fresh vegetables, seafood, poultry, and meat. In addition to offering a wide variety of goods, Crawford Market is a great place to find unique and hard-to-find items.
- Look at the Victorian-Gothic architecture of the market. The Crawford Market building, an important historical landmark in Mumbai, is recognise\ as an exceptional example of Victorian Gothic architecture in India.
- Go on a guided market tour. Many shops in Crawford Market provide guided tours, which may be a great way to learn more about the market and its history.
- Visit the pet corner of the market. The market’s section devoted to pets may contain a range of animals, including birds, fish, and small mammals.
- Try some of the street food that is fried. Street food vendors may be found all throughout the market providing a variety of delicious and inexpensive snacks and meals.
- To unwind, go to a café or restaurant in the marketplace. Numerous cafés and eateries throughout the market provide a wide selection of dishes and drinks.
When to go to Crawford Market
You should choose the ideal time to visit Crawford Market in Mumbai, India, based on your own interests and the specific activities you want to accomplish while you are there. Here are some ideas to consider: Mumbai’s Crawford Market
Peak season: Crawford Market is a popular tourist destination; as a result, it can be extremely busy at this time. If you’d prefer avoid the crowds, go to the market during the off-season.
Weather: Mumbai has year-round low to mid-30s Celsius temperatures, which may be rather warm and humid. If you don’t enjoy the heat, you might visit the market in the cooler months of November through February.
Special occasions: On some days, Crawford Market may operate on a different timetable or not at all. If you want to attend the market for a certain event, make sure to check the schedule beforehand.
Visitors to Crawford Market are given some suggestions
While visiting Crawford Market in Mumbai, take the following in mind:
- You should wear comfortable shoes because Crawford Market is a large, busy market and you’ll probably be wandering around a lot while you’re there. To enjoy your stay more, put on some comfy shoes.
- Crawford Market is a well-liked site that occasionally has heavy traffic, especially during the peak travel period. Spend more time there and be prepare\ for crowds.
- Crawford Market is located in a city with a diversity of cultural influences, so it’s important to respect local customs and traditions while you’re there. This entails conducting oneself properly in public and dressing modestly.
- Be aware of your surroundings: Just like anyplace else, it’s important to be aware of your surroundings and take care to protect your personal belongings in crowded situations. Keep an eye on your possessions and carry only the necessary quantity of cash.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Mumbai’s climate can become rather hot and muggy, so it’s important to do so when wandering the market. Keep a water bottle with you and pause anytime you need to hydrate and unwind.
- Enjoy yourselves; Crawford Market is a bustling and active place with much to see and do. Take your time and enjoy your stay.
Advice for shopping in Crawford Market
- As a result of the market’s abundance of booths and vendors, comparing prices before making a purchase is a wise move.
- Negotiate: Many vendors in Crawford Market are willing to talk about prices, particularly for larger items. Never be afraid to request a discount or to haggle for a cheaper price.
- Keep an eye out for special deals and discounts: Some market vendors give discounts on specific products, so it pays to look for them.
- Purchasing in bulk may enable you to bargain for a cheaper price if you wish to purchase a large quantity of a certain item.
- To find cheap products, look at wholesale markets: A wide variety of goods are available at Crawford Market, a wholesale marketplace.
What is the fame of Crawford Market?
Crawford Market in Mumbai, India, is well known for its wide selection of commodities, which includes fresh fruit, meat, poultry, seafood, and household items. It is well-known for its vivacious and lively atmosphere and is a favourite destination for both tourists and locals.
The Victorian Gothic architecture of the market is also well-known. The building serves as a major historical landmark for Mumbai and serves as an excellent example of Indian Victorian Gothic architecture. The market contains a number of cafés and restaurants that provide a range of dishes and drinks.
Activities close to Crawford Market
Given that Crawford Market is located in the heart of Mumbai, India, the neighbourhood is home to several interesting landmarks. Here are a few suggestions:
- The ancient railroad station Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus is not far from Crawford Market. It is both an important Mumbai transportation centre and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The renowned Gateway of India is around 2 kilometres distant from Crawford Market. It is a popular tourist destination and a great place to see the harbour and the city.
- Crawford Market Pet Corner: You may find a variety of creatures in the pet section of Crawford Market, including small mammals, fish, and birds.
- The famed Flora Fountain is around a kilometre distant from Crawford Market. It is a popular gathering place and a great place to take in the city.
- About two kilometres from Crawford Market, the Prince of Wales Museum is renowned for its collection of artwork, artefacts, and natural history items.
Mumbai’s Crawford Market
- The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya is a museum that has a collection of works of art, artefacts, and natural history specimens. About two kilometres separate it from Crawford Market.
- The Taraporewala Aquarium, which is home to a variety of aquatic animals like fish, sharks, and rays, is located about two kilometres from Crawford Market.
- The Nehru Planetarium, which is around two kilometres from Crawford Market, is a great place to learn about astronomy and space science.
- A popular location for picnics and leisurely strolls is Kamala Nehru Park, which is about a kilometre from Crawford Market.
- A prominent judicial centre in Mumbai, the Bombay High Court is located about a kilometre from Crawford Market.
You’re looking for Buy Home In Kharghar we have the Best Buy Properties In Kharghar Like Ready to Move & Nearby possession: https://navimumbaihouses.com/property/search/buy/kharghar/